Digital Printing Press Operator – Las Vegas
D’Andrea Visual Communications is seeking a Press Operator for our N. Las Vegas location. (DVC) provides a wide range of products and services to its clients including retail signage and displays, fabric frames and structures, light boxes, and event/trade show graphics.
The Press Operator position utilizes various in-house Printers to print various materials, thicknesses and types to the supplied print file.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Read and understand all aspects of the job tickets in detail.
- Clock in and add materials and labor into each order via the MRP system.
- Safely operate the printers daily ensuring safety devices are operable and all maintenance has been performed according to policy and procedure.
- Select the correct print resolution, speed and settings based on the material type and size.
- Perform quality checks and check measurements to ensure the prints are correct and of high quality.
- Ensure all ink and liquids are cleaned up properly and the floor is always safe and free of clutter.
- Frequently clean the heads, work surfaces, guides and rails for safety and cleanliness.
- Deliver printed product to the next department according to the Work order.
- Report all defective cuts, defective products and any safety or injuries immediately to your supervisor.
- Check prints against proofs to ensure color match, sizing and composition.
- Ability to read, write and speak the English language at a 12th grade level.
- Two or more years working in a digital Printing environment. Experience with EFI and HP Printing Presses preferred. VUTEK printer experience required.
- The ability to communicate effectively with employees and management both orally and in writing.
- Good computer skills with experience in Microsoft Outlook.
- Excellent retention and recall ability.
- Ability to work under pressure while adhering to tight deadlines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing duties of this job you are regularly required to walk, stand, talk and hear. Vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus. You must be able to stand and walk for long periods of time and lift to 50 pounds.
The work environment is a manufacturing area, and may require significant time standing and lifting. There will be regular exposure to loud noise, fumes, dust and moving equipment in the manufacturing area.
About the Position:
This is a full-time position, Monday through Friday, with occasional weekends required. We offer a competitive salary, paid time off, paid holidays, paid medical benefits and a 401(k) plan.
If you would like to be considered for this position, please respond with your resume and salary requirements. No phone calls please.
D’Andrea Visual Communications is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, gender or genetics. We are committed to comply with all Federal, State and local laws providing EEO and all other employment laws and regulations. DVC is a minority owned business.
Thank you for your interest in joining our fantastic team of brilliant people. We look forward to hearing from you.
Send your applications to firstname.lastname@example.org