D’Andrea Visual Communications (DVC) is a Southern California based company that is expanding its operations to Las Vegas, Nevada this coming Fall 2019. DVC provides a wide range of products and services to its clients including retail signage and displays, fabric frames and structures, light boxes, and event/trade show graphics. We realize our success and continued growth is a direct result of our fantastic employees. We are seeking amazing talent to fill a multitude of roles and positions for our new facility. Are you ready to be part of it? We are about great people, grand plans and creative solutions.
We are searching for candidates to fill the job of Fabrication Manager.
The Fabrication Manager can cut, drill, bend and assemble products made from Aluminum and Steel into its final product such as Pillow Case Frames, Light Boxes and Structures. The Fabrication Manager supervises the day to day production, ensures safety and estimates jobs as needed.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Read and understand all aspects of the job tickets in detail. Distribute to production as necessary.
- Ensure all employees clock in and add materials and labor into each order via the MRP system.
- Ensure all employees safely operate Drills, Saws, Breaks, Lathes and Shear’s daily ensuring safety devices are operable and all maintenance has been performed according to policy and procedure.
- Direct the Fabrication of frames, light boxes, structures, etc. according to supplied blueprints/drawings. Check final products against proofs, drawings or blueprints to ensure correct sizing and composition.
- Direct and assist CAD employees with drawings, concepts, structural stability, changes, and materials to produce accurate drawings for production.
- Perform quality checks and check measurements to ensure the products are correct and of high quality.
- Make sure employees clean the work surfaces and floors to promote safety, cleanliness and no injuries.
- Estimate jobs as they are requested while recommending materials, design and structure to produce the best possible solution.
- Report all injuries and safety hazards immediately to the Production Manager.
- Order supplies and materials as necessary, keeping inventory levels within reason of budget.
- Ability to read, write and speak the English language at a 12th-grade level.
- Five or more years managing in a metal shop/fabrication environment.
- The ability to communicate effectively with employees and management both orally and in writing.
- Good computer skills.
- Excellent ability to use measuring devices such as tape measures and calipers and able to read blueprints, electrical schematics, and drawings.
- Ability to work under pressure while adhering to tight deadlines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing duties of this job you are regularly required to walk, stand, talk and hear. Vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus. You must be able to stand and walk for long periods of time and lift to 50 pounds.
The work environment is a manufacturing area and may require significant time standing and lifting. There will be regular exposure to loud noise, fumes, dust, and moving equipment in the manufacturing area.
About the Position:
This is a full-time position, Monday through Friday, with occasional weekends required. We offer a competitive salary, paid time off, paid holidays, paid medical benefits and a 401(k) plan with an employer contribution.
If you would like to be considered for this position, please respond with your resume and salary requirements. No phone calls please.
If you meet the qualifications of this position, we will schedule phone interviews followed by in-person interviews during the month of October.
D’Andrea Visual Communications is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, gender or genetics. We are committed to complying with all Federal, State and local laws providing EEO and all other employment laws and regulations. DVC is a minority-owned business.
Thank you for your interest in joining our fantastic team of brilliant people. We look forward to hearing from you.
Please respond via email to: