D’Andrea Visual Communications (DVC) is a Southern California based company that is expanding its operations to Las Vegas, Nevada this coming Fall 2019. DVC provides a wide range of products and services to its clients including retail signage and displays, fabric frames and structures, light boxes, and event/trade show graphics. We realize our success and continued growth is a direct result of our fantastic employees. We are seeking amazing talent to fill a multitude of roles and positions for our new facility. Are you ready to be part of it? We are about great people, grand plans and creative solutions.
We are searching for candidates to fill the job of Finishing Associate.
The Finishing associate assists in the sewing of fabric, gasket, hems, zippers, etc. to construct the final product so it fits into or on to a frame, channel or structure. This position also helps with sewing and seaming of mesh and banner materials.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Read and understand all aspects of the job tickets in detail.
- Clock in and add materials and labor into each order via the MRP system.
- Safely help with the sewing and seaming of various fabrics and vinyl’s while working around sewing machines and elevated tables.
- Build frames and structures for fitting. Assist in the fitting of various fabrics and vinyls to test fit. Measure out repositionable SEG frames in preparation of fitting.
- Perform quality checks and check measurements to ensure the product is correct and of high quality.
- Ensure blades, scissors, rolls, gasket, etc. is cleaned up properly and the floor is always safe and free of clutter.
- Frequently clean the machines, work surfaces, guides and tables for safety and cleanliness.
- Deliver finished product to the next department according to the Work order.
- Report all defective cuts, defective products, and any safety or injuries immediately to your supervisor.
- Check products against proofs to ensure color match, sizing, and composition. Assist in packaging of frames and finished products when necessary.
- Ability to read, write and speak the English language at a 12th-grade level.
- One or more years working in a fabric sewing or banner seaming environment.
- The ability to communicate effectively with employees and management both orally and in writing.
- Good computer skills with experience in Microsoft Outlook.
- Excellent retention and recall ability.Ability to work under pressure while adhering to tight deadlines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing duties of this job you are regularly required to walk, stand, talk and hear. Vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus. You must be able to stand and walk for long periods of time and lift to 50 pounds.
The work environment is a manufacturing area and may require significant time standing and lifting. There will be regular exposure to loud noise, fumes, dust, and moving equipment in the manufacturing area.
About the position:
This is a full-time position, Monday through Friday, with occasional weekends required. We offer a competitive salary, paid time off, paid holidays, paid medical benefits and a 401(k) plan with an employer contribution.
If you would like to be considered for this position, please respond with your resume and salary requirements. No phone calls please.
If you meet the qualifications of this position, we will schedule phone interviews followed by in-person interviews during the month of October.
D’Andrea Visual Communications is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, gender or genetics. We are committed to complying with all Federal, State and local laws providing EEO and all other employment laws and regulations. DVC is a minority-owned business.
Thank you for your interest in joining our fantastic team of brilliant people. We look forward to hearing from you.
Please respond via email to: