D’Andrea Visual Communications Las Vegas (DVC-LV) is currently seeking a Structural Estimator. This fast-paced position will estimate jobs primarily for the Tradeshow/Exhibit industries and for Experiential events. The Estimator will work with the sales staff to accurately generate quotes of varying types. The Estimator is responsible for entering all quote specifications into a bid form, calculating the best way to produce the job and getting all outside costs from vendors, including materials pricing.
DVC-LV works on a diverse range of projects from small digitally printed items to large structures embellished with a variety of materials and specialty lighting. The ideal Estimator will have experience quoting a similar range of products and will be well versed in the intricacies of producing the more complex projects that tend to be larger in magnitude.
Responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to:
• Entering customer specifications into an MIS software and generating estimates. Ability to add or subtract to the system to make a more productive and quick-turn estimating system.
• Contacting outside vendors for various pricing such as powder coating, aluminum extrusions, cladding, lighting, woodworking, and crating.
• Working with project managers, engineers, and other manufacturing staff to determine the best way to estimate and produce projects. Itemizing builds and applying strategic costing to achieve optimal pricing.
- Providing input and explanation to the sales staff regarding pricing, how pricing was determined, and options for reducing the price.
- Reviewing estimates for errors and correcting as needed.
- Communicating professionally and clearly with sales and internal personnel.
- Working in a fast-paced environment while keeping up with all job responsibilities.
The following general skills are required:
- Ability to read and understand drawings, conceptual builds, and blueprints.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook. Solid Works is a plus.
- Ability to prioritize, organize and plan your workload to accomplish your responsibilities as efficiently as possible.
- Strong attention to detail to minimize mistakes.
- Strong understanding of the exhibit industry, aluminum extrusions, metal structures, and low voltage lighting.
- 4+ years’ experience estimating exhibit structures in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience with SEG and Pillowcase Fabric, Direct Printing, Decal, Laminates, and Light Boxes is helpful.
This is a full-time, day-shift position. Compensation is hourly. We offer paid time off, paid holidays, medical and dental benefits, 401k with company match as well as competitive compensation for the right candidate.