Welder/Fabrication Associate – Las Vegas
D’Andrea Visual Communications (DVC) provides a wide range of products and services to its clients including retail signage and displays, fabric frames and structures, light boxes, and event/trade show graphics.
The Fabrication Associate cuts, drills, bends and assembles products made from Aluminum and Steel into its final product such as Pillow Case Frames, Light Boxes and Structures.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Read and understand all aspects of the job tickets in detail.
- Clock in and add materials and labor into each order via the MRP system.
- Safely operate Drills, Saws, Breaks, Lathes and Shear’s daily ensuring safety devices are operable and all maintenance has been performed according to policy and procedure.
- Fabricate frames, light boxes, structures etc. according to supplied blue prints / drawings.
- Perform quality checks and check measurements to ensure the products are correct and of high quality.
- Ensure the correct materials, parts, thicknesses and measurements are correct throughout the Fabrication process.
- Frequently clean the work surfaces and floors to promote safety, cleanliness and no injuries.
- Deliver Finished product to the next department according to the Work order.
- Report all injuries and safety hazards immediately to your supervisor.
- Check final products against proofs, drawings or blue prints to ensure correct sizing and composition.
- Ability to read, write and speak the English language at a 12th grade level.
- Two or more years working in a metal shop / fabrication environment.
- The ability to communicate effectively with employees and management both orally and in writing.
- Good computer skills.
- Excellent ability to use measuring devices such as tape measures and calipers and able to read blue prints, electrical schematics and drawings.
- Ability to work under pressure while adhering to tight deadlines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing duties of this job you are regularly required to walk, stand, talk and hear. Vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus. You must be able to stand and walk for long periods of time and lift to 50 pounds.
The work environment is a manufacturing area, and may require significant time standing and lifting. There will be regular exposure to loud noise, fumes, dust and moving equipment in the manufacturing area.
If you would like to be considered for this position, please respond with your resume and salary requirements. No phone calls please.
D’Andrea Visual Communications is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, gender or genetics. We are committed to comply with all Federal, State and local laws providing EEO and all other employment laws and regulations. DVC is a minority owned business.
Thank you for your interest in joining our fantastic team of brilliant people. We look forward to hearing from you.
Send your applications to email@example.com