Senior Project Manager
D’Andrea Visual Communications (DVC) is a Southern California based printing company that provides a wide range of products and services to its clients including retail signage and displays, fabric frames and structures, light boxes, and event/trade show graphics. We realize our success and continued growth is a direct result of our fantastic employees. We are seeking to hire a Senior Project Manager for our Cypress, CA location. We are about great people, grand plans and creative solutions.
The Senior Project Manager is responsible for managing their own projects in addition to providing support and guidance to their teammates regarding estimates and orders as they move from the customer through the company all the way to invoicing.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review Project Managers estimates to ensure all costs are captured for production of orders.
- Create work orders with relevant and accurate job specifications and instructions, print and submit to production.
- Review Project Managers work orders from teammates to confirm all necessary information is supplied for the proper production of elements.
- Support Project Managers on more complex orders by actively involved in meetings and email correspondence.
- Manage order related file transfers, submissions, and pre-flighting.
- Communicate critical order information, changes and updates to production personnel, verbally and in writing.
- Work with key individuals in each production department to brainstorm and plan the most effective method for producing orders.
- Update sales and customers of the current order status.
- Participate in daily production meetings.
- Meet with customers, on-site and off-site, to review order related information such as color matching, installation or fulfillment requirements.
- Evaluate new and existing materials to determine what works best for the customer’s project.
- Create estimates from supplied specifications.
- Complete and submit material requests to purchasing and follow up on requests as needed.
- Coordinate out-of-town installations with outside vendors and create purchase orders accordingly.
- Coordinate local installations with internal install team and enter details into install calendar.
- Close orders upon completion, ensuring all pricing information is accurate, and submit to accounting for invoice generation.
- Manage internal production approvals and file approvals in the corresponding location.
- Ability to read, write and speak the English language at a 12th-grade level.
- Ability to perform basic math calculations including addition, subtraction and multiplication.
- Five or more years’ experience as a Project Manager, CSR or Estimator in a digital grand format printing environment.
- Ability to learn, identify and distinguish common grand format printing materials.
- Ability to communicate in a professional manner with customers and account executives.
- Strong computer skills including the ability to type 50+ wpm and knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to work under pressure while adhering to tight deadlines.
- Ability to prioritize, organize and plan your workload effectively.
- Strong attention to detail.
- A positive attitude when working with others.
- Ability to communicate effectively with employees and upper management both orally and in writing.
- Knowledge of basic measuring devices (ruler, tape measure, etc.).
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing duties of this job you are regularly required to walk, sit, stand, talk and hear. Vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus. You must be able to stand and walk for long periods of time.
The work environment is a combination of office and manufacturing area and may require significant time sitting at a desk, using a computer. There will occasionally be exposed to loud noise, fumes, dust, and moving equipment in the manufacturing area.
About the Position:
This is a full-time position, Monday through Friday, with occasional weekends required. We offer a competitive salary, paid time off, paid holidays, paid medical benefits and a 401(k) plan with an employer contribution.
If you would like to be considered for this position, please respond with your resume and salary requirements. No phone calls please.
D’Andrea Visual Communications is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, gender or genetics. We are committed to complying with all Federal, State and local laws providing EEO and all other employment laws and regulations. DVC is a minority-owned business.
Thank you for your interest in joining our fantastic team of brilliant people. We look forward to hearing from you.
Please respond via email to: