D’Andrea Visual Communications is a grand format digital and litho printing company located in Cypress California. We produce everything from brochures to complex fabric frames for trade show exhibits. We are seeking an experienced Shipping Manager to coordinate all aspects of the shipping department.
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Dispatch the company drivers as needed while considering the most efficient travel routes, traffic, and driver overtime.
- Manage drivers in regard to work hours, performance and work assignments.
- Maintain company vehicles by inspecting vehicles weekly, scheduling and coordinating service and keeping logs of all service.
- Confirm outgoing orders are accurate to the work order and are packaged and labeled properly per the order specifications and shipping method.
- When necessary, package orders for shipping, output labels, and label packages.
- Import shipping lists into FedEx Ship Manager and UPS Worldship and output shipping labels.
- Quote and coordinate third-party shipping vendors including local messengers and LTL freight.
- Create purchase orders for all third-party shipping purchases.
- Track shipping and packaging supplies and consumables, maintain safe, but reasonable, inventory levels and request new supplies and consumables as needed.
- Create, output and apply carton labels.
- Complete appropriate shipping paperwork including packing lists, bill of ladings and commercial invoices.
- Keep the shipping department area and supply racks in a clean and orderly fashion at all times.
- Participate in the hiring, on-boarding and training of new drivers.
- Work with department managers and shift supervisors to facilitate the flow of finished orders to the shipping department.
- Maintain awareness of order due dates and production schedules to ensure on-time delivery without incurring rush or expedited shipping charges.
- Load and unload vehicles by hand, using a forklift or using a manual pallet jack.
To be considered for this position you must have the following qualifications:
- Ability to read, write and speak the English language.
- Ability to perform basic math calculations including addition, subtraction, multiplication, and calculation of dimensional weight.
- Understanding of international shipping requirements and regulations.
- Five or more years’ experience as a shipping manager.
- Ability to type 30+ words per minute.
- Good computer skills with experience in FedEx Ship Manager, UPS Worldship, Microsoft Outlook, and Excel.
- Ability to lift and carry packages weighing up to 50 lbs.
- Three or more years’ experience operating a forklift in a warehouse environment.
- Ability to work under pressure while adhering to tight deadlines.
- Ability to communicate effectively with employees and upper management both orally and in writing.
- Knowledge of basic measuring devices (ruler, tape measure, scale, etc.).
This is a full-time position, Monday through Friday, with hours of 6:00 am – 2:30 pm with occasional overtime and weekends required. We offer a competitive salary and a variety of benefits including PTO, paid holidays, medical, dental and 401k.
D’Andrea Visual Communications is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, gender or genetics. We are committed to complying with all Federal, State and local laws providing EEO and all other employment laws and regulations. DVC is a minority-owned business.
Thank you for your interest in joining our fantastic team of brilliant people. We look forward to hearing from you.
Please respond via email to: