Structural Design Engineer
D’Andrea Visual Communications (DVC) is a Southern California based company that is expanding its operations to Las Vegas, Nevada this coming Fall 2019. DVC provides a wide range of products and services to its clients including retail signage and displays, fabric frames and structures, light boxes, and event/trade show graphics. We realize our success and continued growth is a direct result of our fantastic employees. We are seeking amazing talent to fill a multitude of roles and positions for our new facility. Are you ready to be part of it? We are about great people, grand plans and creative solutions.
We are searching for candidates to fill the job of Structural Design Engineer.
The Structural Design Engineer is responsible for developing designs for trade show and exhibit structures that are feasible to manufacture, safe in their implementation, and satisfy the clients desired aesthetic.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Be involved in customer-facing and internal project development meetings and give expert guidance on how to best achieve the desired design direction safely and effectively.
- Use Solidworks to create detailed drawings of the agreed-upon design so that fabrication can create the design as it was intended.
- Create common designs with parametric features so that they can be resized quickly and easily for subsequent projects.
- Create drawings, assembly and part files that conform to common company standards so that design library is uniform and can be seamlessly shared among company designers.
- Help to maintain project and parts libraries in coordination with designers at multiple locations.
- Continually look for potential process improvements to increase efficiency and reduce mistakes.
- Coordinate regularly with the design department at Cypress location on project workload, process improvements and any other matters that might need to be communicated.
- Participate in site surveys when needed.
- BS in a related major (BA is acceptable with a greater amount of work experience in a relevant engineering field)
- Two or more years of experience in a related design engineering field with an emphasis on large scale structural projects, snap tube frames and extrusions.
- Two or more years of experience with Solidworks, including parametric designs and weldments (simulation experience highly desired but not required).
- Strong familiarity with common drafting standards.
- Advanced understanding of the mechanical properties of extruded aluminum and steel as it pertains to the creation of large exhibits/displays and their structural requirements.
- Ability to learn, identify and distinguish common grand format printing materials.
- Ability to communicate in a professional manner with customers and account executives.
- Ability to work under pressure while adhering to tight deadlines.
- Ability to prioritize, organize and plan your workload effectively.
- Strong attention to detail.
- A positive attitude when working with others.
- Ability to communicate effectively with employees and upper management both orally and in writing.
- Knowledge of basic measuring devices (ruler, tape measure, caliper, etc.).
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing duties of this job you are regularly required to walk, sit, stand, talk and hear. Vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus. You must be able to stand and walk for long periods of time.
The work environment is a combination of office and manufacturing area and may require significant time sitting at a desk, using a computer. There will occasionally be exposed to loud noise, fumes, dust and moving equipment in the manufacturing area.
About the Position:
This is a full-time position, Monday through Friday, with occasional weekends required. We offer a competitive salary, paid time off, paid holidays, paid medical benefits and a 401(k) plan with an employer contribution.
If you would like to be considered for this position, please respond with your resume and salary requirements. No phone calls please.
If you meet the qualifications of this position, we will schedule phone interviews followed by in-person interviews during the month of October.
D’Andrea Visual Communications is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, gender or genetics. We are committed to complying with all Federal, State and local laws providing EEO and all other employment laws and regulations. DVC is a minority-owned business.
Thank you for your interest in joining our fantastic team of brilliant people. We look forward to hearing from you.
Please respond via email to: